Quick Access


Answers to Tribal ID and Ancestry Questions

Some of the most common questions posed on our website and Facebook is about Tribal Enrollment:

  • "How can I trace my American Indian roots?"

  • "How can I update my tribal card or my address?"

  • "If my card is expired, am I still enrolled?"

  • "My relatives are enrolled with Sault Tribe—am I?"

There is one place on this website where all these questions can be addressed—Tribal Enrollment. On the Tribal Enrollment page, you can find contact numbers and emails, links to websites on tracing your roots, directions for updating your cards, enrolling minor children and more: Tribal Enrollment

For those who still have questions after looking over the Tribal Enrollment webpage, please call 800‑251‑6597. Miigwech!



© 2018 - Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians. All Rights Reserved.

Photo by Ken Bosma / CC BY